info@inciteCMO.com | 410.366.9479
Avoid the dreaded email thread.
With all of the aforementioned appointments on any given day, week and month, it's a real juggling act to keep them all straight. So for starters, if you're not using an online calendar that syncs with your mobile phone, start there. We're a Google firm. We use Gmail, Google Docs, Sheets, Slides and Google Calendar. When your technology all talks to each other and it all syncs with your teammates, it dramatically improves visibility, communication and increases efficiency.
Next, imagine the amount of time you'll save when you can see everyones calendar (even if just available time slots versus the details) when trying to schedule a group meeting. Gone are the days when you have to send 10 emails and spend two days with "reply all" threads to try to find a window of opportunity to chat for 30 minutes. Wouldn't you love to get time back in your day? An online calendar is a great place to start.
When you’re ready to take it to the next level, incorporate an automated appointment scheduling tool.
Google and other online calendars offer the ability to "invite" others to an appointment you're hosting. That's a big help because you can see who's accepted and who hasn't. You can also include agenda items in a note field, dial in or screenshare information and other helpful information. But this falls short in that there's still the very likely chance that your guests aren't available during the time you invited them and some may "decline" the invitation and then you're back to juggling dates and times. You may need an administrative assistant just to make your calendar appointments!
Instead, I'd urge you to consider adding an online scheduling tool to your toolkit. Here are a several reasons why:
- Calendar Integrations: Many such tools with your Google, Outlook, Office 365 or iCloud calendar so you’re never double booked
- Control: Get one that allows you to set buffer times between meetings, prevent last minute meetings, create secret event types, and more
- Flexibility: Supports 1-on-1, round robin and collective availability meetings
- Time Zone Intelligent: For teams that have some on EST vs PST, etc., you can set seamless timezone detection for your invitees so everyone’s on the same page
- Works with your apps: Automate tasks with HubSpot, Salesforce, GoToMeeting, Zapier and more
- Grows with your team: Not only does it work great for individuals, but teams and departments can all benefit
Incite Creative is a marketing strategy and creative implementation firm that works in an outsourced capacity. In short, we become your company's chief marketing officer (CMO) and do so virtually and efficiently — saving you time and money. Since 1999 we’ve had the pleasure of building and boosting brands for a core set of industries. Our thoughtful process, experienced team, and vested interest in our client's success has positioned us as one of the Mid-Atlantic's most sought-after marketing partners for those looking to grow their brand awareness and their bottom line. Stop paying for digital and/or traditional services you may not really need. Our retainer, no mark-up model means our recommendations don't come with any catch or commission. The recommendations we make align with what you need and what fits within your budget. For more information, contact Dina Wasmer at 410-366-9479 or firstname.lastname@example.org.