Facebook is for family photos and Twitter is for tantrums.
At least, that’s what a lot of contractors think. But we don’t have enough space to have a full-blown social media lesson. Instead, today we’ll focus exclusively on LinkedIn.
First, let’s not assume everyone knows what LinkedIn is, and some of these stats may surprise you:
- It’s a space for business professionals (owners, executives, and sales people) to connect with other professionals.
- Founded in May of 2003, LinkedIn has over 760 million users, with more than 260 million monthly active users. Of those LinkedIn users who are engaging with the platform monthly, 40% access it on a daily basis.
- There are 346 million male users and 360 million female users on LinkedIn.
- The average income of a LinkedIn user currently stands at $46,644 per year.
- 90 million LinkedIn users are senior-level influencers and 63 million are in decision-making positions.
- There are 10 million C-Level executives on LinkedIn
- 27% of US adults are signed up to LinkedIn.
- There are 100 million job applications on LinkedIn every month
So how can LinkedIn benefit you as a contractor?
- Get more brand exposure: when you’re active on LinkedIn, people with influence and decision-makers are seeing you and your brand. If you’re not there, they are not seeing you and therefore, not recommending or hiring you.
- Get found by industry partners: if you work alone, you can skip this one. But odds are at some juncture you need to collaborate with architects, designers, developers, community stakeholders, subcontractors, clients, and potential employees. The more active you are on LinkedIn and perceived as a trusted thought-leader in your industry, the more opportunities you’ll have to build stronger professional relationships.
- Get a higher search engine (SEO) ranking: articles, press releases, awards, completed projects, videos, etc. are all examples of valuable content that you can post on your LinkedIn profile. The more quality content you post, the more the search engine spiders pick up and ultimately, the higher your website will rank in search engines such as that little thing called Google (as well as Bing and Yahoo).
Ready to make the most of LinkedIn?
If you’re not sure where to start or how to get the most out of your LinkedIn account, find me on LinkedIn or just give us a call: 410-366-9479.
About Incite Creative, Inc.: Incite Creative is a marketing advisory firm that works in an outsourced capacity. In short, we become your company’s chief marketing officer (CMO) and do so virtually and efficiently — saving you time and money. Since 1999 we’ve had the pleasure of building and boosting brands for a core set of industries. Our thoughtful process, experienced team, and vested interest in our client’s success have positioned us as one of the Mid-Atlantic’s most sought-after marketing partners for those looking to grow their brand awareness and bottom line. Stop paying for digital and traditional services you may not need. Our retainer, no mark-up model means our recommendations don’t come with any catch or commission. The advice we provide align with what you need and what fits within your budget. For more information, contact us at 410-366-9479 or [email protected].